Finding it difficult to work from home (WFH)? There are just so many distractions! You GUYS, you are not alone! There are many of us in the same boat. It's ok if you are dreading another week of blurred boundaries between professional and personal. It's HARD! Trying to work around family members and pets, amongst piles of laundry and dishes. And then there's the courier deliveries. It's far from ideal. I get it.
That's why I am jumping on quickly to share with you my powerful strategy so you can have a great day tomorrow! It's really simple.
Create an EVENING routine. I realise everyone on Social Media has advice for you how to work from home, but the reality is, everyone's situation is different! You may be at home alone. You may have shared custody of the kids and sometimes they are here and sometimes they are there. What works for someone else may not work for you. You may or may not have a home office or spare bedroom to make into a dedicated work space. But we ALL can establish an evening routine. It's something we can do right now to make tomorrow (and the rest of the week) easier for ourselves.
A successful day ALWAYS starts the night before. Listed below is my evening routine. Adapt it for yourself and sleep well tonight knowing you are in better shape for the day ahead.
My Evening Routine
Clean up the house before you go to bed (approx. 20 minutes)
- Living room - pick up and put away anything out of place
- Kitchen - clean it up, lay out clean dishcloths, teatowels and put the dishwasher on
- Dining room/Entrance - clear the clutter spots
- Toilet and bathroom - clean the toilet and sink (being at home all the time these rooms are getting a beating!
Think about tomorrow before you go to bed
- Check your calendar and phone for meetings/emails
- Think "What can I do tonight that will make tomorrow easier?" ( for example, make your lunch/morning and afternoon teas)
- Lay out your workout clothes and work clothes for tomorrow
Focus on yourself before bed
- Get yourself ready for bed
- Brush and floss, wash your face, skin care routine
- Take any vitamins/medications
- Write in your journal
- Bedtime Yoga with Adriene (easily found on YouTube)
Tomorrow I will post my Morning Routine. These routines have been a game changer for me! And they can also help you if you are not working at the moment. It's wise to have some sort of structure to our day to help us feel in control and like we are still winning at life!